By Maria Eugenia Fanti
Children have the ability to learn and internalize the knowledge of their environment very quickly; in this process parents play an important role. According to the Congress of brilliant minds of Madrid 80% of what children are learning happens in the house and not in school. The example of parents, especially of the mother is irreplaceable in the development of the child.
Help the child with the homework, readings, and stimulate their cultural training will determine the success of his academic life. Thus, it is necessary that parents have higher studies and try to maintain a high level of culture that will encourage the love of learning by the child.
Below are some tips to help children to have culture and good education:
1) Have many books at home and give example reading it.
2) Visit museums such as the science, the children’s museum, among others.
3) Go to art exhibitions
4) Go to theater and see children’s play.
5) Take the kids to Ballet and other dances show such as Flamenco or artistic performances by other countries, so that expand their knowledge about other cultures.
6) Watch documentaries with your children about nature, scientific topics, and the planets, among others.
7) Teach them a second language and encourage bilingualism.
8)Stimulate creative activities such as: art classes and games about new and interesting knowledge.
9)Teach them music from other countries, teach them to listen and appreciate classical music.